About the Native Plant Nursery
Our island yards and neighborhoods are corridors for wildlife and pathways to local waterways. The decisions we make in our backyards can affect the health of wildlife, local waters and ultimately ourselves.
The Native Plant Nursery encourages gardeners to:
- Plant and preserve native plants to support wildlife
- Remove invasive plants which could spread to wild lands
- Protect waterbodies from polluted runoff and avoid the use of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
- Conserve drinking water supplies by avoiding the use of irrigation systems
- Protect and encourage wildlife in their own backyards
Hours of Operation
October through May
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday (December-April only), 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
June through September
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
We're located at 3333 Sanibel-Captiva Road (about a mile west of Tarpon Bay Road) on Sanibel